Sunday, May 4, 2014

French Breakfast Casserole

I've been craving breakfast casserole for a few weeks. I've made several different versions, today I made this version with what I had on hand and I'll tell you what - IT WAS AMAZING. 

I decided to call this "French" Breakfast Casserole for my own purposes - to differentiate it in my mind from others I've made. "French" bc of the croissants...

French Breakfast Casserole
6 whole croissants
1/2 c Monterey Jack Cheese, grated
1 c Cheddar Cheese, grated
1 stick butter
10 whole eggs
2 cups milk
1 t chopped chives
½ t dry mustard
½ t salt
1/2 t cayenne pepper

PAM an 9×13 baking dish.
Tear croissants into chunks and place them in the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle with cheeses. Cut butter into pats and place over the top.
Whisk remaining ingredients and pour evenly over the top of the dish.
Bake at 350 for 40 minutes - until set and golden. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving - try not to drool while you wait…

*Although unmentioned in the recipe - I'm certain I used cream cheese & bacon - you can actually see it in the photo. I make so many versions of breakfast casserole I can't keep track… sorry!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails