Thursday, July 3, 2014

Aunt Leah's Zucchini Bread

My husbands Aunt Leah makes the most AMAZING zucchini bread on the planet. She shared her simple recipe with me and I've been making it for the last 17+ years. 
Aunt Leah's Zucchini Bread
3 eggs
1 c nuts
3 c flour
1 c sugar
1 t salt
1 c oil
2 t cinnamon
2 c grated zucchini
1 t baking soda
1/4 t baking powder
1 T vanilla extract

Grease the inside of 2 pans and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Beat eggs with electric mixer, then stir in sugar, oil, zucchini and vanilla. Combine flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder. Add to wet mixture and mis well. stir in nuts. Bake for about 1 hour.

* I just throw everything willy nilly into my mixer and let it do the work for me. Also, bc I have a child that has a peanut and tree nut allergy - so I eliminate the nuts. Serve with a pat of cold butter and you'll be in heaven.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails