Monday, January 19, 2015

Pressure Cooker Pork Loin

We were having friends over for dinner and I've been craving Cafe Rio Pork Salad like crazy for a few weeks. I really wanted to put my pressure cooker to the test and see what it could do - and today was the day.

THIS is the usual method and recipe I use - it takes 16 hours - NOT including time it takes to thaw the tenderloin. So it's a plan way ahead overnighter meal. Will my new toy be up to the test??

I'll be posting more PRESSURE COOKER recipes - so I'll first tell you which one I got The Instant Pot  it is a pressure cooker, crock pot, rice cooker, sautee pot and on and on and on and on and on...

It's brilliant. So far so good. So - with the above information (16+ hours of cooking - always starting dinner before I went to bed the night before) this ABSOLUTELY KNOCKED MY SOCKS OFF!!

I had 2 frozen (in the same package) pork tenderloins (from Costco) about 6 lbs. I cut the wrapper off the FROZEN tenderloins - stuck that in the pressure cooker - added the rest of the ingredients - locked it up and set it for 2 hours just to see where we would be in that amount of time. 

Would it be thawed? Would it be awful? How much longer will I need to cook it??

Well, IT WAS DONE!!!! Fall apart, moist, delicious, amazing PERFECT!! Do you believe it??

5-6 lbs FROZEN pork tenderloin
2 liter of Coke a Cola (or Dr. Pepper) 
2 12 oz La Victoria Red Taco Sauce
1 c brown sugar
1 T cumin 

People were going back for seconds - INCREDIBLE. Can't wait to see what else this baby can do!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails