Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Mississippi Pot Roast

I didn't grow up eating pot roast - or any roast for that matter. I actually eat mostly meatless when I'm out with friends or alone. I make many meatless meals when my husband is out of town. I saw this recipe on the Food Network's show "The Kitchen". This is the number 1 MOST pinned recipe on Pinterest - so I had to try it.


I did have to make a few tweaks though. You can see the original recipe HERE.





Mississippi Pot Roast
One 2 lb grass fed rump roast
1 stick butter
1 package au jus gravy mix
1 package dry ranch dressing mix, such as Hidden Valley
Pepperoncini peppers, number to your liking, and a little juice
Salt and freshly ground pepper, if desired I just couldn't do a 3-4 lb roast - even with 6 of us I knew we couldn't eat all of that especially with sides. I cut the time down to 6 hours instead of 8 because of the size difference in the roast. I kept an eye on it because the recipe doesn't call for a lot of "juice" and when I use my crock pot I usually make enough "juice" to cover the meat - just so everything stays tender and juicy. I ended up adding another stick of butter just to get a little more moisture in there. If I had to do it over again - I would've added a couple of cups of beef stock instead.

Husband and kids all loved it - I thought it was okay - keep in mind I don't like pot roast.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails