Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Simple Salmon

We are big on seafood. I could eat it all day every day as far as I am concerned:) My husbands brother lived in Seattle for several years, so to us - him, his wife and mother in law wrote the bible on seafood preparation. We were shocked to find out that the salmon we always enjoy with their family is so simple.

This may be the easiest way to prepare protein ever. I can't stress enough how delicious and tender this salmon is. I was very hesitant to try this method at first, but since I had tasted it so many times, we gave it a go. We have been preparing salmon this way for the last 10 years or so...

Perfect, Simple Salmon
EVOO
Kosher Salt
Cracked Black Pepper
Garlic Powder
Salmon Steaks (I get the individually frozen steaks @ Costco)

Drizzle EVOO over steaks. Salt, pepper and garlic salt to taste. Put them (2 at a time) in the microwave for 2 minutes. Flip the salmon (so the bottom is now on the top and the inside edge of the salmon is now on the outside edge of the plate). Microwave again for about 1 ½ minutes. Use a fork to test firmness.

That’s it!! I told you it’s easy!

We had salmon steaks last night – a real crowd pleaser (and my 3 kids are little and picky!) I made some dill yogurt sauce to go with my husbands, and a little pesto yogurt sauce on the side for me:)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails