Monday, October 12, 2009

Char's Roasted Potatoes

I found this recipe through fellow blogger Char she said that this is the 'most requested recipe' in her arsenal - for good reason...
Char's Roasted Potatoes
Potatoes
Johnny’s Garlic Spread
Lawry’s seasoned salt
Dill weed
1 stick of butter

Quarter potatoes and boil them for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Melt butter add more seasoning than you think you’ll need. Roast for 2 hours – stirring every 30 minutes.

That's the recipe!
To those of you that need more specific measurements - I'll tell you what I did.

I used a 5 lb bag of potatoes (I split this recipe with another family of 4) I used Gold potatoes- they are a fav. I cut them down into big bite size pieces. Some of my potatoes could easily be quartered - others needed to be cut down a bit more. Just try to get a uniform size.
Since she didn't give measurements on the seasonings - I just sprinkled the seasonings over the potatoes until they looked 1/2 to 3/4 of the way covered (on top) then I mixed them with my hands to get all that delicious seasoning all over those potatoes.
I don't have a roasting pan so I just used a cookie sheet - worked great. The other family I shared these with RAVED about them and asked for the recipe!
*Johnny's Garlic Spread is available at Costco in Northern Utah or online here. It has a really unusual combination of flavors - garlicy, mediterranian, cheesy - hard to describe - worth ordering it online:)
** I have also used small red potatoes - super awes. If there are any left - I mash them and serve them with dinner the next night - always a hit!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails