Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Divine Crescent Rolls

I've posted my sister's fav rolls here - they are fab - but I've been making these lately (b/c they are eggless and my kiddos have food allergies) and the response to them is ridiculous - they are in high demand:)
Can't you just SEE the love??
My 7 year old (who is the pickiest eater on the planet and who also has food allergies) was surprised to see that there were only 10 rolls left (I made 24). He asked me what happened to all the rolls. I said "well, we all had one straight out of the oven, then we all had another for dinner and I took some over to the Kenny's" "what? Why did you take some to Kenny's?" "well, because they love these rolls too and we love to share with them" "can you check with me next time? I think we gave them too many."
Divine Crescent Rolls
2 T yeast
3/4 c warm water
2 2/3 c warm water
1/4 c sugar
1 T salt
3 T vegetable oil
7-8 c flour
Dissolve yeast in 3/4 c water. Add the rest of the water and the rest of the ingredients except for the flour and mix together. Add flour one cup at a time and stir until you have to use your hands to mix it. Knead dough until incorporated. Put in bowl and cover with a towel and let rise about 1 hour.
Punch dough down and divide in half. With a rolling pin, roll out one of the dough balls into a circle about 12" in diameter. Spread dough with melted butter (about a 1/2 stick will do ya). Cut into 12 pieces (like a pizza). Roll each wedge from the fat end inward. Repeat with other dough ball. Place crescents on cookie sheets - 12 to a sheet. Cover with towel and let rise until double (30 min - 1 hr) Bake in preheated oven at 425 degrees for 10 minutes or until they are nice and golden brown on top. Brush with melted butter and serve.
Make sure you share these with friends - they'll be your friends forever!
*My son loves to eat them warmed in the micro for 10 seconds then spread with butter and cinnamon sugar.
My daughter loves them warmed and spread with her fav jelly
I just love them with butter - warmed or not - they are that stinkin' good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails