Monday, December 6, 2010

Divine Shrimp Pasta

I can't remember where I got this recipe - but it's been in my arsenal for years. I am surprised that I haven't posted it yet - I make it so often that I probably assumed I already shared it with you!!

My husband ranks this dish in his 'top 10'. I really need a new camera - mine is so old that the pictures I take of my food just don't do justice. The sauce on this is a nice light red color - so don't worry if your dish looks different than the picture - it's my camera - it's not you:)

Divine Shrimp Pasta
1 lb pre-cooked, peeled and deveined shrimp
2 cloves minced garlic
3 T butter
3 T EVOO
1 box pasta (I usually use penne or spagetti - whatever I've got)
1 medium onion, diced
1/2 c chicken broth
8 oz tomato sauce
1 c heavy cream
1 T parsley
1 T basil
Salt and pepper to taste

Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat 2 T butter and 2 T EVOO in skillet to cook onion and garlic. Add chicken broth and let cook for a couple minutes. Add tomato paste sauce then heavy cream.

Thaw shrimp by running them under cold water,drain and take the tails off. In a seperate bowl, melt 1 T butter, add 1 T EVOO. Toss shrimp in the butter and oil. Then add shrimp, herbs, salt and pepper. Stir to combine then add pasta to the mix. Serve.

*If you use raw shrimp: Saute shrimp in 1 T butter and 1 T EVOO just until they are warm - and nice and pink.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails