Friday, June 3, 2011

Mediterranean Salad

My husband has been craving a Mediterranean/Greek salad for weeks. I can honestly say that I've never ordered a Med/Greek salad at a restaurant - ever. My husband, however, used to get a Med/Greek salad from a famous Mediterranean Market in our home town on a weekly basis.

A tall order to fill. Especially since (as I said) I've never actually had said salad. I'll have to say - I did a pretty good job - even my husband said he liked my salad more than the famous deli he used to order from (he may be a little biased or just trying to butter me up)...

Mediterranean Salad
3 c Romaine Lettuce
1 orange bell pepper, bite sized
1 yellow bell pepper, bite sized
1/2 red onion, sliced
1 c grape tomatoes
1 English cucumber, halved and deseeded w a spoon
Peppercini's
Kalamata Olives
Feta, crumbled
Artichoke hearts

Arrange ingredients to your liking!

I tried to make 2 different recipes I found for Greek salad dressing - and neither of them tasted good. So, I ran to the store and bought Girard's Greek Feta Vinaigrette - it was great!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails