Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Lime and Cilantro Coleslaw

A few months ago, I tried a different take on Coleslaw. It was bright and refreshing and so flavorful. It was so delicious I ate it as a side dish - and used it on my sandwiche instead of plain lettuce. Seriously good. I asked for the recipe - but am still waiting on it!! Since then, I've been trying to find something similar to add to my 4th of July menu - and I think this is the ticket!!
*Update - this was exactly what I had hoped it would be! So delicious and refreshing. I'll be eating this all summer!
Lime and Cilantro Coleslaw - Tyler Florence
1 head Savoy cabbage*
4 scallions
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, torn
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
2 limes
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper

Shave the cabbage with a sharp knife or mandoline so you have thin ribbons. Cut the scallions long and on the bias so you have pieces similar in shape to the cabbage. Toss the cabbage, scallions and cilantro in a large salad bowl.
Make the dressing by combining the sour cream, mayonnaise, sugar and the zest of the limes in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper and finish with a squeeze of lime juice. Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss to combine.

*I just grabbed a bag of coleslaw in the produce section

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails