Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Fabulous Red Wine Vinaigrette

I just can't get enough of it.

I like vinaigrette's well enough, but I usually go for the creamy dressings. This dressing - is my new favorite FOOD. I have had it on absolutely everything I can lay my hands on in the last week.

It's sweet and acidic and peppery and mouth watering and seriously to die for. It's so good - I even renamed it - adding FABULOUS to the title.Fabulous Red Wine Vinaigrette:
2/3 cup red wine vinegar
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup red onions, finely grated (about 1/4 of a large red onion)
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons salt
ground pepper to taste
2 cups canola oil

Add all ingredients except oil in a blender. Blend well. While processing, slowly add the canola oil and blend well. Transfer dressing to a jar or cruet. It keeps well in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks (although I've found it gets a little thick if it is too cold so I'll pop it in the microwave for 5-10 seconds to help thin it out before I use it if it has been in the refrigerator for several days).
Make it. Love it. You will thank yourself daily.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails