Friday, September 14, 2012

Cafe Rio House Dressing

I am making Cafe Rio Pork Salad for dinner tonight and went to double check the ingredients for the dressing that goes with it and WHAT?? I've never posted my absolute favorite dressing of all time. Shocking. Abomination.

So sorry for keeping this gem to myself all this time!!

Cafe Rio House Dressing
1 pkg dry Hidden Valley Ranch dressing (original or buttermilk)
1 c mayo
1 bunch cilantro
2 cloves garlic
3 tomatillos (I use salsa verde instead)
1/3 c buttermilk or sour milk*
1/2 t cayenne pepper
1/2 T sugar

Put all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before eating.

*Since I very rarely have buttermilk on hand - I make sour milk. Combine 1/3 c milk with 1 T lemon or lime juice.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails