Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Updated Chicken Roll-Ups

My backdoor neighbor is so sweet. We had her over for a BBQ a few months ago and she's been trying to bring our family dinner ever since. Although I told her several times that wasn't necessary, I gave in today - what a treat for me!!

She brought over Chicken Roll Ups - there are several versions of this recipe that I've had, notably this recipe. Or another similar one my sister makes with a lemon sauce. Anyway, my apparently my kids haven't had chicken rolls ups and I just have to say: My. Kids. Were. In. Love.

My 9 year old (pickiest eater on the planet) always rates dinner on a scale of worst, medium and best - the list is kept safely in his head. He said - "Mom, I thought this would rate as medium - but I'm rating these BEST!" My 7 year old foodie and I dressed ours up with a little Fischer & Wieser Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce (Costco). Mmm Mmm delicious.

Chicken Roll Ups
Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (in the tube)
Cream Cheese
Shredded Chicken (your own, or from the can)
Garlic Powder
Salt & Pepper

Mix cream cheese and shredded chicken together - think about the ratio you'd want when making chicken salad. As creamy (or not) as you want. Then, salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.

Lay out the crescent rolls as the package directs and put a scoop of the chicken mixture on the fat end of the crescent. Roll up as you would normally roll a crescent and bake according to the package directions. Serve!! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails