Monday, July 29, 2013

Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar Bread

I couldn't think of a better name - can you?? I had a loaf of Rosemary and Olive Oil bread ready to serve with dinner. When I got it out, I realized it had been sitting a day or two too long and it was a bit stale. Don't you just hate that? So, I resigned to make croutons instead when inspiration struck. 

This bread was so flavorful - crunchy on the outside and soft and perfect on the inside.

Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar Bread
Good olive oil (my fav is the Mediterranean blend from Costco - it has canola, grapeseed & olive oils)
Good balsamic vinegar (fav is Kirkland brand)
Kosher salt
Bread

Cut bread into 1 1/2" slices. Drizzle with oil and vinegar and sprinkle with salt. Turn your broiler on and don't step away. In 4-5 minutes you'll notice the edges and just crisping up and turning golden brown. That's when I take it out. I honestly could've eaten the entire loaf and just have foregone the rest of the meal. So. Good. Making this again - just as soon as I can get my hands on another loaf.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails