Sunday, October 7, 2018

Chicken Enchilada Chili Soup

Okay folks. This is a copy cat recipe for Café Zupas Chicken Enchilada Chili.

I didn't know if I should title this as a chili or a soup - Café Zupas calls it a chili but I serve it more like a soup...


I often make this soup in my 4.5 quart crock pot because during the week we are in and out and I really want everyone to have a hot meal. However, I LOVE to double the recipe and use my Rachael Ray 8 quart pot.

Chicken Enchilada Chili
2 lbs chicken breast (I use rotisserie chicken)
2 c red enchilada sauce
1 c green enchilada sauce
3 c cream of chicken soup *make your own for the best flavor
1 c heavy cream
2 c chicken stock**
1 10 oz can Rotel
2 c corn (I use frozen - but canned is fine)
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 1/2 c shredded cheese (I use Mexican blend)
3 T chili powder
pinch of paprika
Salt to taste

Add all ingredients to your crock pot or soup pot. Because I use rotisserie chicken (I've also used canned chicken in the past) the soup just needs to come up to temperature and the ingredients need time to marry.

**I use the chicken stock to thin out the chili a bit so it's more of a soup

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails