Friday, May 29, 2009

Aunt Leah's Chicken Salad

Ever since Krystal posted her "Grandma D's Chicken Salad" recipe - I've had a craving for my Aunt Leah's recipe. She makes this for every baby shower, every bridal shower in our family (and we have a HUGE family!) Thanks for the recipe Aunt Leah! XOXO
Aunt Leah’s Chicken Salad (sandwiches)
4 chicken breasts shredded or cubed
3/4 c celery diced
1 cup grapes halved
1 small can Mandarin Oranges drained
1 small can Pineapple tidbits drained
1/2 c Miracle Whip
1/2 c Sour Cream
2 T onion diced
1 T lemon juice
1/2 t salt
1/2 t pepper
1/4-1/2 c sliced almonds (toasted)

Mix together and let chill overnight. Serve on croissants.
We had this on the Sunflower Wheat bread I posted yesterday - so yummy! I also made this morning - and we ate it for dinner - so you don't necessarily have to chill overnight. And I waited until the last minute to add the almonds - I love a good 'crunch'!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails