Tuesday, May 19, 2009

BLT Salad

Another obvious dinner. The only reason I post the 'obvious' recipes - is for inspiration. Sometimes I see a commercial, or look in my fridge and see lettuce and tomato and think - what can I make that would be super delish? Tonight - I made...

Lettuce, chopped
Onion, diced
Tomatoes, diced
Cucumbers, diced,
Avocado, diced
Crumbled bacon (Kirkland/Hormel - make such amazing crumbled bacon - not like Baco's at all!) Cheddar, shredded
Croutons
Ranch dressing

Add ingredients to your liking - and yum. I always make the HVR dry packet for my ranch dressing - I don't know why, but it tastes a million times better when I make it (and I follow the directions on the package!) Also, I make my own croutons, not because I think they are particularly great - but just because I don't like to waste food. When I made the italian bread for our hot sub, the recipe made 2 loaves. My hubs is out of town and that second loaf has just been sitting there - and I know it will sit there at least until he gets home - or will go bad. So, I made croutons with it. My croutons are good - but I know someone makes 'em better!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails