Thursday, May 21, 2009

Dill Cucumber Salad

This is the original recipe, from The Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook. I made the ‘dressing’ last night – to make sure the flavors had plenty of time to marry. But, for lunch today – I decided to do something special with my 4 year old. My oldest (boy) is in (all day) Kindergarten and my youngest (girl) is 16 months. Every day when I put my baby to bed – my 4 year old and I do something special together ‘Mommy & Me’ time, because today is the last day of school –we will have to take a break from our regular routine. So, instead of making the Cucumber Salad as a side for dinner (as intended), I used it for our ‘High Tea’ end of the regular ‘M&M’ schedule celebration. We had tea (water with lemon) and cucumber (with this Dill dressing) tea sandwiches. She was in heaven. So – use it how you please – it’s a goody.

Dill Cucumber Salad
2 lg cucumbers, peeled and sliced
½ c thinly sliced onion
1 T fresh dill or 1 t dried dillweed (my garden again! I can’t believe I’ve never planted one before – so easy and so worth it)
1 T white vinegar
½ t salt
¼ t sugar
¾ c sour cream

Add all ingredients in bowl except the cucumber and onion. Mix together well and fold in onion and cucumber.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails