Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Pizza Night

We do pizza night once a week – usually on Friday, but I won’t be here Friday – I am going to play Pokeno (??) with friends – so we did it tonight. Our kids LOVE it! They get to make their own pizza’s – complete with pepperoni smiley faces. The picture is the one my 6 year old boy made (all by himself!)

I got this dough recipe from my friend Jackie S. I know Krystal has a good dough recipe too – but I can’t find it!! Krystal – post your dough recipe!!

1 ½ c warm water
1 T yeast
Mix together, let bubble – about 5 minutes
Add:
1 t salt
1 T sugar
2 T EVOO
3 cups flour

Mix, knead until it looks good, let it rest 10 minutes while you get everything else out. Sprinkle cornmeal on the pan. Use EVOO to pat it out to your desired shape and size. Decorate, cook at 425° for 12 – 15 minutes. This recipe makes about 2 ‘medium’ pizzas.

*It’s fun to mix it up by putting fresh herbs in the crust – or like tonight, I used rosemary infused olive oil. Also, if I don’t have homemade marinara on hand, I just use canned. Right now, Albertsons is selling Hunts 26 oz. cans of their spaghetti sauce 10 for $10!! I’m stocking up!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails