Monday, November 2, 2009

Avocado and Pistachio Crusted Halibut

My hubs called me last night and said that he'd be home late. I made mac n' cheese for the kids, got them bathed and in bed before hubs walked in the door. I put candles on the table, got out our nice dinnerware and glasses and we had a little romantic evening - at home - with this wonderful, light, devine meal. So much fun to do that every once in a while:)

I was so in love with this dinner at a restraunt called the "Ore Housee" that I decided to recreate something to pay homage to this luxurious dinner - and it turned out delish.

Avocado and Pistachio crusted Halibut with Balsamic butter sauce (Ore House wanna be)
4 Halibut steaks
1 ½ c crushed pistachios
1/2 c avocado (mashed)
2 T Flour
1/2 t Ground Pepper
1 T EVOO

Combine the avocado, flour and pepper together. Coat the top of the halibut steak evenly - in a nice light layer. I love things to be ‘over the top’ BUT you need to remember how delicate fish is – don’t put it on too thickly. Crush your pistachios pretty fine (I used my hubs coffee grinder) and add a thin layer of the pistachios on top of the avocado layer.

Put the EVOO in your baking dish and bake at 375°F oven for 15-20 minutes (until the fish is bright white and flakes easily).

Balsamic Butter Sauce
In a small sauce pan, add 3T butter at medium temp. Brown butter, 2 to 3 minutes, stir in ¼ c balsamic and simmer 1 to 2 minutes to reduce by half. Pour the brown butter on individual serving dishes and top with the Halibut.

*I served this with steamed asparagus - oh man.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails