Saturday, January 23, 2010

My New Fav Ingredient - ROTEL

Yes, it's true. Rotel. Where has this lovely ingredient been my whole life?? 2 of the most simple, fast, easy recipes I have made with Rotel this week...

Queso
16 oz. Velveeta cheese, cubed
1 can Rotel (medium or hot - based on preference)

Microwave ingredients for 3 minutes. Stir and microwave again for 3 minutes. Done.

I returned from a bike ride to find my hubs and his friend watching the NFL playoffs. I whipped up the Queso and both men were in heaven. Hubs friend, Mike (who is a huge fan of hot/spicy food) commented on the spice and flavor of my dip (I used Rotel HOT). He's not a real foodie - which made me watching him devour this Queso even more rewarding. Mike's wife came over and the first thing he said was "you have to try this dip" she was also impressed (and she IS a foodie) they were all shocked when I told them what was in it. Minimal effort - maximum taste points!

Black Bean and Rotel
1 can of Black beans
1 can of Rotel

Cook black beans in microwave (as per directions on the can) 3 minutes. Add rotel. Done.
I have eaten this both in a burrito and as a side dish. Super delish - and it's high in fiber and low fat!

Thank you Rotel. I will be finding more ways to use you - you rock!
*AND - my friend just told me that the capsaisan in hot peppers has just as much Vitamin C as an orange - so not only is Rotel delicious and low fat - but a great source of Vitamin C!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails