Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Outback Steakhouse Queensland Salad

This is my favorite item at Outback Steakhouse. I Googled it to try and find a good recipe - but I didn't have any luck. So, I got on Outback Steakhouse's website and read their description and went from there. It was GREAT - totally hit the spot!!

Queensland Salad
Grilled chicken, diced
Romaine lettuce
Tomatoes (I used grape tomatoes today)
Cucumbers
Shredded Cheeses - Monterey Jack and Cheddar
Hard Boiled eggs, diced finely
Toasted almonds (I used slivered almonds from a bag)
Crumbled Bacon (again - I used my old standby Kirkland bacon pieces)
Croutons

Chicken - I grilled a few extra pieces last night - seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic. Assemble all other ingredients to your liking. I boiled the eggs (look here) and then sliced them both ways in my egg slicer and seasoned them with salt & pepper.
I served this as a main dish - buffet style so my kids could assemble the salad with the stuff they like and eliminate what they don't like. Worked out great!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails