Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Basil Pesto Pizza

This picture does not do this pizza justice. I need to take photography lessons or something!

This pizza was so yum - really how can you go wrong with any of those ingredients?
For pizza night - I wanted to switch it up a bit. I looked in the fridge to see what I had on hand and what do you know? I had the makings for an amazing pizza!

Basil Pesto Pizza
Basil Pesto (Costco or whatever your fav brand)
Pizza Dough (from scratch or store bought)
Pine nuts (toasted)
Mozzerella
Red onions
tomatoes
Salt
Pepper

Pat out your pizza dough. Spread pesto in an even layer (as you would marinara), salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle mozzerella, onions and pine nuts over the pesto.

My husband and I like our tomatoes fresh and raw on top - but if you don't add your tomatoes too. Bake at 425 for 12 - 15 minutes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails