Monday, August 23, 2010

Green Chile Sauce

I bought 25lbs of roasted green chiles - so you'll probably see a bunch of recipes with those in it (if you don't have fresh roasted chiles - you can use canned)
I found this recipe - it's a Bobby Flay recipe so you know it's good!! The honey really balances out the heat nicely.
Green Chile Sauce – Bobby Flay
2 poblano chiles, grilled, peeled, seeded, and chopped (I used green chiles)
1 medium white onion, grilled and chopped
1 to 2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh epazote, or fresh oregano leaves
1/4 cup cold water
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

*Obviously - I multiplied this recipe. I poured the sauce into containers to freeze so that we can enjoy this deliciousness year round

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails