Sunday, August 15, 2010

Ode to Parmesan

My husband called me a few days ago and asked what we were having for dinner. This is pretty odd. He loves everything I make - so requests are pretty rare. He told me that he was starving and that he really wanted me to make spaghetti and meatballs with a Ceasar salad on the side.

I don't really have a recipe for these meatballs - I didn't measure anything. I used ground turkey, pesto sauce, italian style breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and sauteed onions - I'll measure next time and post the recipe.

Anyhow... my husbands comment about this meal (other than it hitting the spot) was about the Parmesan. "I love that you have been using fresh parmesan - everyone should - it makes a HUGE difference".

He is right - and I thought you should know about it too!! I just buy a chunk at the grocery store and use my cheese slicer to shave a little on lots of things! It really 'bumps up' the presentation factor and the taste difference is wonderful!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails