Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette

I tend to like creamy salad dressings and creamy pasta dishes but I loved this Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette. It gives you that hit of citrus, vinegar, herbaceous, sweet and salty that we all love.

I was inspired by this recipe HERE

But as the words inspiration and adaptation are two of the greatest words in my vocabulary - I had to mix things up a bit - to suit my tastes and my family's tastes - isn't cooking with inspiration amazing?

Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette

1/4 c. fresh lime juice (about 2-3 juicy limes)
 *or from a bottle
1/4 c. rice vinegar

4-5 cloves garlic

1/2 tsp. Kosher salt

2 tsp. sugar
* I added more to taste - I didn't let my dressing sit long enough before serving
1 c. EVOO (or my fav blend - Kirklands Mediterranean mix of grapeseed, olive oil and canola oil.
1/2 c. roughly chopped cilantro, stems removed

Combine lime juice, vinegar, garlic, salt, and sugar. Blend until ingredients are completely combined. With the blender running, add the oil in a steady stream. Add cilantro and blend until the cilantro has broken down but still maintains some of its texture. 

Oh yeah.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails