Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Italian Wedding Soup

I can't believe I've never posted this recipe! This is my sons ALL TIME FAVORITE soup.

It's also full of cheats - so it's SUPER FAST.

Italian Wedding Soup
Your favorite store bought mini meatballs (cooked per package directions)
2 T Olive Oil (evoo)
1 c minced yellow onion (frozen!)
1 c diced carrots (frozen!)
10 c chicken stock
1 box of Acini de Pepe pasta (or any small pasta will do!)
1/4 c minced fresh dill
12 oz spinach (fresh in the bag)

Heat the evoo over medium-low heat in a large heavy-bottomed soup pot. Add the onion, carrots, and celery (if using) and saute until softened, 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add the pasta to the simmering broth and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until the pasta is tender. Add the fresh dill and then the meatballs to the soup and simmer for 1 minute. Taste for salt and pepper. Stir in the fresh spinach and cook for 1 minute, until the spinach is just wilted. Ladle into soup bowls and sprinkle each serving with extra grated Parmesan.

So good - so filling - so satisfying!

*When I made it this time - I couldn't find mini meatballs - so I used regular sized - next time I have to use regular size - I will quarter them before adding to the soup.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails