Sunday, April 25, 2021

Alfredo Sauce


Welp - I went to look up my recipe for alfredo sauce and waddya know? It's not there!! I wanted to make Pasta Primavera - but I can't use Alfredo Sauce from a jar bc my son is allergic to eggs. So...

Alfredo Sauce
4 t chopped or minced garlic
2 t diced shallots
1 1/2 c chicken stock
2 c heavy whipping cream
1 c grated parmesan
4 oz cream cheese
salt and pepper

*I am PARANOID about burning garlic - so I always make sure not to put myself in a position to...

Add chicken stock to warm pan. Allow to heat up a bit. Add garlic and shallots. Add heavy cream 1 cup at a time. Add grated parmesan and allow cheese to melt. When that has come up to temperature, add cream cheese - 2 oz at a time. Allow it to melt and incorporate before adding the second one. Add salt and pepper to taste.

In this case - I steamed a bunch of veggies in the microwave, and cooked pasta according to package directions on a separate burner. Once everything was ready - I added the veggies to the sauce - making sure to coat them completely - then added the fettucine. Smiles all around.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails