Sunday, December 18, 2022

Peppermint Pie

I saw this on social media - and it is THE EASIEST, FASTEST, MOST DELICIOUS Holiday dessert I have ever made or eaten!

My kids went absolutely CRAZY for it. So crazy, that I've made it TWICE already in the last 2 days.



Peppermint Pie
1/2 gallon Peppermint Ice Cream (we like Farr's)
1 Oreo Pie Crust
1 c Milk Chocolate Chips
1/2 c Heavy Whipping Cream

Let the ice cream sit out for a bit to let it soften so it will be easier to manipulate. 

Scoop the ice cream into the pie crust and spread out into the entire area. Put the pie into the freezer to set up.

Combine the chocolate chips and cream in a microwave safe bowl. Melt for 60 seconds. Then melt at 30 second intervals until combined. 

Let the ganache sit and firm up a bit while the ice cream is setting. It won't completely set up - initially I made too much and kept it covered on the countertop and used the rest the next day when I made another one.

When you are ready to eat - pour the ganache on top of the pie. Garnish with peppermints, candy cane pieces or red and green sprinkles!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails