Thursday, January 13, 2011

Homemade Sugar Scrub

**I made some more - put them in these little tupperware jars and gave them to my kids teachers! Sharin' the love baby:)
A few years ago I saw a tub of sugar scrub on clearance (just saying that word makes me giddy) marked down from $39 to $5 and I snatched it up before anyone else could. I had never used sugar scrub - but at that price - I was willing to see what the hooplah was about.

I fell in love. My fav thing to do is scrub it on my legs and rinse off before I shave them. It's a total luxury item. I was so sad when I was I ran out that I went to Target and found a different sugar scrub for $17. Although I usually wouldn't spend that much on a 'luxury item' I was so addicted to that darn scrub that I bought it.

That tub ran out a few months ago. This morning I was noticing how dry my hands are and I started thinking about that lovely stuff. Then I thought to myself... I bet I could MAKE IT MYSELF! And that's what I did. And you can too...
I googled a few sugar scrub companies and read their ingredients online and went from there. I'm not sayin this is the greatest recipe for sugar scrub - but it's a good, cheap one that certainly does the trick!

Homemade Sugar Scrub
1 c brown sugar
1 c white sugar
EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
1 T Vanilla extract

Add sugars together and combine well. Add EVOO a bit at a time. Add a big dollup to the sugars and use a spoon to incorporate it. Keep it up until you get the consistency you want. Add the vanilla last - just based on your preference (you can add any fragrance you want). I added a little more EVOO than I will next time - but that was planned. You see - my skin is so dry that I wanted that extra EVOO to help repair my skin and get it back in shape!!

Now go - get off the computer - grab those ingredients out of your pantry and soon you'll be living in the lap of luxury!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails