Friday, January 28, 2011

Sausage Burger

I read an article on the top 25 burgers in America. I started thinking about what makes a really great burger. The sauce? The toppings? The meat? The meat...

I decided to make a burger that is 50% mild italian sausage and 50% ground beef...

All smiles around the table. The next night my son asked if I'd make those burgers again:)
Sausage Burger
1 1/2 lbs Mild (or hot) Italian Sausage
1 1/2 lbs Ground Beef
Tomato, thinly sliced
Onion, thinly sliced
Avocado, thinly sliced
Pepper Jack Cheese (or Cheddar for the kiddies)
Lettuce
Burger Sauce
Buns

Combine the sausage and ground beef. Make sure they are well incorporated. Divide into even portions and form into patties. Then, just cook them as you would normally cook your burger - I like my burgers grilled...

Top with everything else listed! Yummm

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails