Sunday, November 4, 2018

Dying to Cheat?

Life has been ABSOLUTELY crazier than ever since August. I have 4 kids - my oldest is 6 months away from getting his license and my youngest is 6 - just old enough to be just as busy as the rest of her siblings. 

With my youngest now in school full time - I've taken on a lot of opportunities I didn't have time for before - so while my kids are busier than every - I'm also busier than ever - but we all (including my husband) still need to eat every. single. day. LOL

These are cheats I've found that work for us in the last few months...

Costco - bulk variety pack. My kids add teriyaki sauce or a little chicken broth with sugar to make something that tastes like the Sweet Jasmine Rice they all love 

 I found these several years ago. You can just microwave these in a flash (7 minutes) but what I love to do is put them in a deep pan with milk and butter to heat them up - which only takes 15-20 minutes.

My sister in law fed these chicken skewers to my kids and they RAVED! I've bought them ever since. When I'm not home my kids will heat these up in the microwave and chow down. They are seriously so good.

These aren't really a cheat - they're more of a DELICIOUS find. I get them at the Chinese market off of 90th and 1-15 (in the frozen section). I'll make pulled pork in the crock pot and set these out to thaw when I start the crock pot in the morning. The kids grab these (they are like pillowy taco shells) fill them with pulled pork and have at it. Makes a crock pot meal into a portable dinner anytime we have a second to eat.

 My favorite of all time cheats is SOUP. I've posted so many soup recipes lately - and it's because that is what I've been making most lately! I make a huge batch - we have some for dinner the night I make it, freeze enough for dinner another night and put the rest in these cute little 12 oz tupperwares that go into one of the drawers in my refrigerator. Choose your favorite - pop it in the microwave and there you have a delicious, home made, well rounded meal any time of the day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails