Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Figs Are My Jam

I bought a bag of Smyrna dried figs from Costco - thinking we would all love them - because we all love figs. None of us could get past the way they looked. I didn't want them to go to waste so I came up with this:


To rehydrate the dried figs I bought at Costco I put them in a sauce pan, covered them with water, added a little lemon juice and a little vanilla until they started to burst.

I let them cool, dried them off and sprinkled them with 1 cup of sugar and set them in the refrigerator - covered - overnight.

The next day cut the stems off the figs and juice and put them in a crock pot with 1/2 tsp lemon juice and 1/4 c vanilla extract for 2 hours.

Let that mixture cool and then blend in a blender until it reaches the consistency you like.

It's a long process - but very easy and tastes delicious!!!

I've been eating it with cheese and crackers and it's just such a treat!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails