Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Triple Sec Cranberry Relish

I know I shouldn't start a food post with a negative but we're talking cranberry sauce here. I think you either love it - or you hate it. I have NEVER like cranberry sauce - BUT my only experience has been with the canned stuff. 

This year - I decided I was going to come up with a cranberry sauce recipe I would really like. I researched A TON. Like obsessively. I finally decided on this one - a recipe from Ted Allen on the Food Network. I was tempted by the citrus element and those warm fall spices.  

I made it today (the day before Thanksgiving) and boy howdy I freakin LOVE it!! I can't wait to eat it tomorrow with my turkey and stuffing!!


Triple Sec Cranberry Relish from Ted Allen
3 (12-ounce) bag fresh cranberries
3 cup sugar
OR *My cheat: Costco's Stonemill Cranberry Sauce (36 oz)
2 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and diced 
1 cup Cointreau or Grand Marnier orange liqueur
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves 
Grated zest of 1 lemon 
Grated zest of 1 orange 

In a medium saucepan over medium heat add apples, Cointreau, 1 cup water, the cinnamon, and cloves, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer about 10 minutes. *If you use my cheat - add the cranberry sauce now to the rest of the mix to combine the flavors and simmer for 5-10 minutes more. 
Remove from the heat, stir in the grated zests, chill if you made ahead - serve warm if not!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails