Saturday, December 22, 2018

Sheep Herders Dip


I saw this on our local daily chat show. I'm always looking for new appetizers to try and I had never heard of one quite like this - so of course I had to try it!

Sheep Herders Dip

Sheep Herders Loaf (round - not dense - peasant bread)
4 8oz blocks of cream cheese
1 bunch scallions - finely diced
2 packages of Budding pastrami - cut into small pieces
1/2 C lemon juice
1 c milk
Garlic salt to taste (generously)
Onion salt to taste
Parsley for color

Cut the top off the loaf of bread and take out all the bread in the middle - creating a vessel for the dip.

Mix all other ingredients in your Kitchen Aid or with your hand mixer on Med to High to get it thoroughly combine

350 degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes until it's nice and bubbly.

Serve with veggies, crackers and the bread you pulled out of the inside of the bread!

*We liked this dip. It was VERY different from any other dip I've ever had. A nice change. It was a little TOO lemon forward for my taste - so next time I make it - I'll only do 1/4 c of lemon juice and then add it to taste once everything is combined.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails