Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Quatro Verde Citrus Salad

This salad is INCREDIBLE. INCREDIBLE. I'm not a huge fan of kale and I don't like olives in general - but OMG. This completely changed my mind about those ingredients! The olives ALONE had me eating them one by one - I had to stop myself from eating them all before I made the salad for my family.

Quatro Verde Citrus Salad

Dressing
2 lemons, zest and juice
2 Tbsp honey
1 shallot, medium, finely chopped
2/3 c olive oil, extra virgin
black pepper, crushed
2 Tbsp sugar

Salad
2 bunch Lacinato Kale (a.k.a. blue dinosaur) stemmed & chopped
1 c basil, chopped
1 c green olives, divina chili and tangerine marinated
1 avocado
4 oz dubliner cheese, micro bladed (sub with parmesan or romano)

Whisk together all the ingredients for the marinade and set aside. I made this ahead of time so it had time to marry a bit.
Remove the stems from the kale and chop.
Pour the dressing over the kale and massage it into the leaves to soften and distribute the dressing evenly.
Top with the additional salad ingredients and toss. Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails