Thursday, November 3, 2022

Wisconsin Cauliflower Soup


My attempt at a Zupa's dupe. I read the ingredients listed on Zupa's menu and cross referenced that with several self proclaimed "copycat" recipes I found through Google and came up with a cross breed (for the lack of a better word!)

It was good. My youngest (extremely picky 10 year old) claimed this is her favorite soup. My oldest, 19 - described it as "good like mashed potatoes" whatever that means. Admittedly, the texture was off a bit - a subtle hint to my husband about just how much I would love a Vitamix :)

Wisconsin Cauliflower Soup
1 small yellow onion diced (I use frozen)
6 c cauliflower florets (again frozen)
3 cups chicken broth
2 c sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 c pepper jack cheese, shredded
8 oz whipped cream cheese
4 tsp garlic powder to taste
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp mustard powder 
Salt & Pepper ALL along the way
2 pints heavy cream

Add a pat of butter or 1 Tbsp oil to a dutch oven. Add diced onions and sautee for a minute or two. Add cauliflower and chicken broth, salt and pepper. Simmer with the lid on for 15 minutes. 

Use an immersion blender, stand blender or Nutribullet to blend everything into the texture you desire. I used my immersion blender but didn't achieve the texture I wanted. I then used my Nutribullet and blended the soup in small batches.

Add cream cheese, pepper jack and cheddar one by one letting each melt into the soup before adding the next. Add all other seasonings - tasting as you go. Season, let simmer for about 5 minutes before tasting and seasoning again if needed. 

The soup will be thicker than you would like it to be. Add heavy cream one pint at a time (allowing the soup to come back up to temperature before adding the second - if wanted). 

Serve with shredded cheese and bacon bits - YUM!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails