Thursday, September 17, 2009

Creamy Asparagus Pasta

We love asparagus. My favorite way to do them is in a hot pan with a little water - cover and steam for 5-6. YUM. Anyway... this is a great recipe I found (I'm sorry I can't remember where - darn it!) and it's really yummy. I swear sauces and dressings taste so much better when they are made from scratch!

Creamy Asparagus Pasta
12 oz farfalle pasta
2 minced garlic cloves
3 T EVOO
1 bunch asparagus - tough ends removed and cut into bite size pieces
Snap peas or snow peas
3 cups heavy cream
1 c grated Parmesan cheese
Salt & Pepper

Cook pasta 2 minutes less than the package suggests. Drain. In a skillet heat oil, add garlic and cook for a minute. Add asparagus and peas and cook about 5 minutes (they will be bright green). Add the cream, salt and pepper to taste and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add cheese and stir often until thickened. Combine sauce with pasta and enjoy!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails