Friday, September 11, 2009

Thai Chicken & Noodles

This is the 3rd recipe I have tried from 365 Days of Crockpot Meals (on our sidebar). I am 1 for 3. So far I have tried the "Crock Pot Garlic Lime Chicken" me no likey, the "Cafe Rio Chicken" total thumbs up and definitely recommend and now this recipe - again not my taste.
I ate my dinner (cuz I am PHAT that way) and my husband practically inhaled it - BUT - let's consider that he has been out of town all week and was very much looking forward to a home cooked meal - not exactly what I'd call 'discriminating' taste buds.

It may be because I have had such a craving for Asian food lately and that I was hoping this would feed that hunger. Maybe. 365 DOCM rated this at 5 stars - so maybe I'm crazy - I'll give you the recipe and you tell me what you think...

Thai Chicken and Noodles
1 1/2 lb chicken cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 red bell pepper, cut into short thin strips
1 1/4 cups chicken broth, divided
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tbsp cornstarch
3 green onions, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1/3 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
12 oz hot cooked vermicelli pasta
3/4 cup peanuts or cashews chopped
3/4 cup cilantro chopped
Directions: Place chicken, bell pepper, 1 cup of broth, soy sauce, garlic, and red pepper flakes in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours. Mix cornstarch with remaining 1/4 cup broth in small bown until smooth. Turn slow cooker on High. Stir in green onions, peanut butter, and cornstarch mixture. Cover and cook 30 minutes or until sauce is thickened and chicken is no longer pink. Stir well. Serve over vermicelli or Thai noodles. Sprinkle with peanuts or cashews.

*I want to know if anyone else has tried the crock pot recipes from 365 Days of Crock Pot Meals - I want to know what kind of luck you've had - let me know!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails