Sunday, April 1, 2012

Fun Food

My kids and I have been having LOTS of fun lately with food!! My girls wanted to have a little picnic up in the treehouse. We assembled these cute little snack bags together. The girls colored clothes pins (find them at Target 50 clothes pins for $1.50). Then, we hot glued pipe cleaners to the top and then filled them with green grapes and goldfish.

They thought these snack bags were the bees knees...

We also made birds nests for Easter.
You'll need:
1 bag of mini marshmellows
3 T butter
1 bag chow mein noodles
Cadbury mini eggs
Peeps

Melt butter in a large sauscepan. Add bag of marshmellows 1/3 at a time until completely incorporated and melted. Then, fold in the chow mein noodles 1/3 at a time. Let it cool enough to handle but not until it's set.

I used a muffin pan to help me make the birds nests. Mold the marshmellow/chow mein mixture around the sides of the muffin tin leaving room for your birds and eggs to sit. Then have your kids decorate with peeps and cadbury eggs!!Finally, this little centerpiece. I've seen it done with dum-dums and a smaller vase or planter and it's really cute. I did it with a vase I already had - and I did it with Blow Pop's because my kids go ga-ga for them - and it turned out pretty cute.


What fun foods are you making??

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails