Saturday, April 21, 2012

Spinach Parmesan

I know I'm on this diet kick lately - but a friend just posted a recipe for "Lip Smacking Spinach" and it immediately made me think of my absolute favorite spinach recipe EVER - Spinach Parmesan.

I got the recipe from my friend Dawn Kenny - she made this for Easter dinner a few years ago and after one bite I was after her to give me the recipe. Luckily - she is as generous as she is talented. She used to be a fancy shmancy caterer you know... and we are all the beneficiaries of her food knowledge!

Spinach Parmesan
2 10oz packages fresh spinach
1/4 c water
1/2 c fresh grated parmesan
1/4 c heavy cream or whipping cream
2 1/2 T butter, melted
2 1/2 T finely chopped onion
1/8 t pepper
1/2 c fresh whole what bread crumbs (she makes them homemade - I just use regular bread crumbs)

Combine water & spinach in a dutch over; cover and cook over meium heat 8 minutes. Drain well in a colander pressing with paper towels.

Combine spinach, parmesan, cream, butter, onion & pepper; spoon into lightly greased 1 qt. baking dish. Top with breadcrumbs. Bake uncovered 10 minutes or until heated through.

Remember to share with your family, if you aren't careful - you'll eat the entire pan to yourself...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails