Monday, March 29, 2021

Jim's Famous Almond Cake

Our friend Jim is an incredible Chef and Baker. He always surprises us on camping trips with some delicious thing or another.

My ABSOLUTE favorite thing he has ever made is his Almond Cake. I don't like sweets much - this isn't sweet like any cake you've ever had - but it is INCREDIBLE!!

I finally talked him into giving me the recipe (he usually makes a dozen cakes at a time - so he had to break it down into one cake increments for me).

Jim's Famous Almond Cake

Preheat oven to 325. Grease, paper and flour 1 10-inch cake pans. Set aside.
Cream : 1 C sugar
2 C almond paste
Add: 1 C butter (soft)
Cream on high speed until fluffy.
Slowly add: 6 eggs, beating after each one. Continue beating on med to high speed.
Add: 1 1/4 C flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 C kirsch *couldn't find it - made it without - it's an alcohol


Mix only until combined. Bake in center of oven at 325 until brown and toothpick comes out clean, about 40 minutes in my oven

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails