Friday, July 23, 2021

Chips and Dips

We had an Olympic Party for the 2020 (2021) Tokyo Summer Olympics!!!



There are 6 of us. Sweetness works his butt off. Literally dawn to dusk and beyond. He also travels. Just to give you an example - this week he literally left our house Monday early early - got home Tuesday night expecting to stay the night and had a customer ask him to be at a location 3 hours away at 6am. He ate dinner with us and was out the door. 

Our oldest is currently working a summer job full time in anticipation of his Freshman year at college. #2 is busy with soccer, work and social life. It's a struggle to get the 6 of us together. 

It's honestly the hardest phase so far in my life - and that is saying a lot! I'm probably just saying that because I'm in that phase - but whatever. 

In hopes of making the most of what could be the last year with our six pack - I bought a book called Adventure Challenge (family version) I'll link it when I get a sec. I had each of my kids randomly pick a challenge (scratch off) and be in charge of that challenge - I went along with them and paid - left all the planning up to the child. I was hoping to accomplish at least 4 challenges on our 3 day trip together - but we only got around to 2 of them. 2 more to go - posts to follow. 

Then I was SO INSPIRED by a segment I saw on Studio 5 that I wanted to do an Olympic party as well. Considering our schedules - I decided to combine several things into one 90 minute 6 pack moment.

CHIPS and DIP ideas: 
Rosemary, Black Pepper & Parmesan Chips
Lemon, Pink Peppercorn & Asiago Chips
Lime, Chile & Coijita Chips
Basil, Roasted Garlic & Romano Chips
Orange, White Pepper, & Manchego Chips

Specialty Chips Recipe: 14 oz bag Sea Salt Kettle Chips •Fine grated cheese of choice •Pepper, and spice of choice. •Infused olive oil, of choice

Line baking sheet with parchment. Place chips on sheet in a thin layer. Spray lightly with oil, or drizzle and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese, and pepper, or spice. If desired, bake at 350 until hot. Cool.
Serve with specialty dips!

Specialty Dips
BBQ Spice • 2 tsp 
Hearty Garlic • 1 1/2 tsp 
Beer Can Classic • 1 1/2 tsp 
Parmesan Alfredo • 2 tsp 
Nantucket •1 tsp

Stir above choice of spice mix into 1 cup sour cream. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails