Sunday, July 11, 2021

Simple Corn on the Cob

Another recipe I make ALL THE TIME that I've never put on the blog. J is headed to college and asked me to include this recipe - so here goes...

I'll just tell you what I do and know that you can make adjustments regarding amount of cobs, etc.




Simple Corn on the Cob
8 Cobs of corn (shucked and cleaned)
Largest pot you own - filled 2/3 full with water
1 c milk
1 stick butter

Bring the pot of water to a boil. Turn heat down to medium and add milk and butter - simmer until butter is melted. Watch the pot carefully. The fat in the milk and the butter will cause it to foam and overflow in seconds if you turn your back.

Once the butter is melted - add the cobs. Cook for about 10 minutes. Use tongs to pull each cob out and rest on a plate to cool a bit.

The result? Sweet, buttery, perfect corn without having to slather it in butter!!

*We usually do full cobs of corn - but lately I've been breaking the cobs in half so we have 16 little servings.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails