Saturday, July 17, 2021

Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas

Alright. I am known for my Chicken Enchiladas. I taught my daughter, Biz, to make these a couple years ago and she makes these every couple months and always gets rave reviews. 

Another of my daughters, Maisie, just came back from a trip with her friends and told me she helped make Chicken Enchiladas that in her opinion are even BETTER than ours. Having lived in New Mexico for several years - I was shocked - and I immediately knew we just HAD to make this new recipe to get a verdict from all 6 of us.

To be honest - this recipe looks much more "Utah" and "kid" friendly than my New Mexican recipe - but I live in Utah - and I have kids - so - bring. it. on.

This recipe is from Six Sisters Stuff - a popular food blog.



Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
Marinade
6 Tablespoons honey
5 Tablespoons lime juice
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded

Enchiladas
16 ounces green enchilada sauce divided
10 flour tortillas
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
1 cup heavy cream

Whisk together marinade ingredients and toss with shredded chicken in a resealable gallon-sized bag or airtight container.
Let chicken mixture marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, but preferably a few hours. I watched the video on this recipe - and she actually said she prefers an overnight marinade.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Pour 1/2 cup enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9 X 13 inch baking pan.
Fill the tortillas with chicken, saving marinade (if any left), and shredded cheese, reserving about 1 cup of cheese to sprinkle on top of enchiladas.
Placed rolled (not tucked burrito) tortillas into prepared pan.
Mix the remaining enchilada sauce with heavy cream and leftover marinade, if any, and pour on top of enchiladas.
Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 30 minutes or until brown and crispy on top.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails