Monday, March 4, 2019

5-Ingred Lemon & Cheese Peas

I saw this on the Food Network's show The Kitchen. This is Sunny Anderson's recipe.
I'm getting antsy for Spring. It has been snowing for the last 2 days and I'm OVER IT! So - I'm going to will Spring up in this house!!! How am I going to do that? Two words. SPRING. PEAS. Because as I said - it's snowing here - I'm going to use frozen peas. They are frozen at the peak of freshness and are a great substitute when you don't have fresh. THE VERDICT: Mr V - out of town, Me - 100 loved it - strong flavors but liked it. Mr. 15 - meh - he's not a fan of cheese (seriously?!), Ms. 14 - YES! Ms. 11 and her friend - YES and YES. Ms. 7 had a "no thank you bite" and said "no thank you." I have to say - I'm not a fan of peas - but I try them every spring for good measure - and to encourage my kids to love their seasonal veg. This is my most favorite way to eat peas. In a pan on medium-low heat, add evoo (or butter), garlic and lemon zest. Cook, stirring, so the garlic and zest can steep without browning, about 5 minutes. Add the lemon juice, thyme, pinch of salt and a little more pepper than you usually would. Stir a few times until thyme is darker and the pan is fragrant - about 5 minutes.

Add the peas and toss to warm and coat, about 4 minutes. Pour into a serving dish and top with cheese.

8 Tbsp evoo (extra virgin olive oil) or salted butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
4 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves, gently chopped
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 cups fresh spring, English or snow peas
8 to 12 ounces shaved or grated Pecorino-Romano cheese

Pics and rating to come tomorrow!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails