Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Bleu Cheese and Tomato Balsamic Dip



I've had this recipe FOREVER - I actually posted it on this blog over 10 years ago - but I recently made it when we had an "appetizer party" the other night. I forgot just how gosh darn good it is!!

This recipe I got from my friend JenO - she made it for every baby shower or bridal shower for years - always by request - always a winner.

Bleu Cheese and Tomato Balsamic Dip
1 can petite diced tomatoes
1 small container crumbled blue cheese or gorgonzola
1/3 c Balsamic vinegar
1/3 c EVOO
Crush as much garlic as you think you can stand


Mix all ingredients and serve at room temperature. I try to refrigerate this for at least an hour before serving - just to give the flavors time to marry.

Right before serving, throw a couple of teaspoons of sugar to cut the acidity. Serve with bread chunks or crackers.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails